First Strike Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy Head Instructor and Owner
Sean McHugh is the head instructor and owner of First Strike Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Kelowna BC and has been a Martial Arts enthusiast most of his life. At a young age Sean was inspired with the Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris area, which prompted him to start to learn Karate, Kung fu and Kick Boxing.
Sean stayed a completive athlete through high school and was a provincial level wrestler and also represent the B.C. Olympic Weightlifting Team in the Canadian Winter Games. In 2001 Sean joined the Carlson Gracie Team under Master Marcus Soares and has never looked back.
- Owner and Head Instructor for First Strike Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy est. 2010
- Brown Belt w/3 stripes in Brazilian Jiu-JItsu under Master Marcus Soares
- Over a dozen medals in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Submission Wrestling tournaments
- Extensive training in Brazilian Jiu-JItsu, Kickboxing, Wrestling and Judo
- Former completive Olympic Weightlifter and extensive Power Lifting training
- CPR and First Aid certified
SESean has had the honour and privileged to train with some of the worlds greatest Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and MMA competitors:
GRAND MASTER CARLSON GRACIE
The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu legend and pioneer
UFC, Pride FC veteran, Spirit MC Champion and Master Soares first Canadian Brazilian
Jiu-Jitsu black belt.
ANTONIO RODRIGO “MINOTAURO” NOGUERIA
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt, former UFC and Pride FC Heavyweight Champion
Former UFC Middle Weight Champion, Strike Force Middleweight Champion and King of Pancrase Champion
IKUHISA “THE PUNK’ MMINOWA” MINOWA
Pride FC, K-1, Dream and Deep veteran
VITOR “SHAOLIN” RIBEIRO
Brazilian Jiu-JItsu black belt, World BJJ Champion and Dream and K-1 veteranby